Once formerly ithebigc's Blog for Sakura translations, this has become Translate48, a blog that intends to aggregate all translation related work related to the 48 and 46 Groups to become a one stop source if you need your idol posts in English. If you translate anything, please consider contributing here to reach a wider audience!

Friday, January 3, 2014

Miyawaki Sakura Google+ / Jan 2, 2014, 6:28 pm (JST)

こんばんは!
Good evening!

今日は、THEお正月の一日になりました!
Today was THE New Year's Day!

まず、早起きをしてお墓参りに行ってきました!
First, I woke up early and went to pay my respects to my ancestors!

宮脇家のお墓をキレイにピカピカ磨いて、「桜の木」をお供えしてきました!
中で眠っているひぃおじいちゃんひぃおばあちゃんが、桜の木をみて「あ!咲良が来たね!」って気付いてくれるといいな!
After polishing the Miyawaki family grave until it was nice and sparkly, I offered "tree of sakura!" I thought that if I placed "tree of sakura" there, my great-grandfather and great-grandmother who are sleeping inside the tomb would notice "Ah! Sakura came!"
(TL Note: I don't even pretend to be familiar with Japanese tomb traditions, but I expect it's somewhat similar to the US tradition of bringing flowers to a grave when visiting it. She probably brought incense sticks made from the wood of a sakura tree in this case?)


そして、おばあちゃん家でコタツに入りながら、お餅とみかんを食べる、、、
Afterwards, while nestled comfortably inside the kotatsu at my grandma's house, we all ate mochi together...
(TL Note: A kotatsu is a popular piece of furniture in Japanese homes. It's basically a small table, but heated underneath. It's quite comfortable to stick your legs under it when it's cold.)

まさに、お正月ですね^o^
Naturally, since it was New Year's Day ^o^

おばあちゃん家の庭で、親戚たちと鬼ごっこしたり、お年玉を頂いたり、、、
In the garden, I played a game of tag with my relatives and we received New Year's gifts...

お母さん同士が、お年玉を巡って「もー!いいのよー」って言い合ってるのも、お正月っぽくて好きです笑
Mom and the rest of them kept trying to return the New Year's gifts, saying "No, it's already enough, it's fine," it really is like New Year's. I like it like that lol
(TL Note: Money is usually given by the adults to their children or the children of relatives during New Year's. Trying to return it is simply a polite thing to do, even if they pretty much always keep it in the end.)

その後は、おばあちゃん家にお別れをして、福岡に帰ってきました!
After that, we left my grandma's house and returned to Fukuoka!

親戚たち皆、鹿児島のツアーに来てくれるらしいので、とても嬉しいです♪
It seems like all my relatives will be coming to see me when we tour Kagoshima, so I'm really happy♪

お正月って、人の暖かさを感じられる素敵な日ですね^o^
On New Year's Day, you can really feel the warmth of people. It's a lovely day, isn't it? ^o^

みなさんは、どんなお正月を過ごしましたか?
Everyone, how did you pass New Year's Day?

さくら咲け!
Sakura bloom!

No comments:

Post a Comment